Dorsoduro, Venice's Art district Private Tour
Discover off-the-beaten path spots and unique panoramas in the Southern district of Venice
During this tour you'll enjoy one of the most peaceful and not-touristy districts of the city: Dorsoduro, also known as the art district.
I'll unveil the secrets of the construction of the city and we'll discover the secret stories of some unique Venetian "palazzi", such as Peggy Guggenheim's house and "the Cursed Palace". We will also enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view on St. Mark's Sq. , and the Grand Canal from a unique perspective.
Last but no least, we will discover the only "Squero" in Venice: the gondola yard were Venetians still make and restore their gondolas and you will get to know everything about gondoliers and their traditions.
Things you will see and experience during this 2,5 hour tour:
- Enjoy a stroll through Dorsoduro, the most 'artistic' district of Venice and immerse yourself in its authentic atmosphere
- Admire the only "Squero" in Venice: the gondola yard were Venetian gondoliers still make and restore their gondolas
- Discover everything about the construction of the "palazzi", that make Venice so unique and fascinating
- Go back in time admiring the residence of the eccentric American art collector who was in love with Venice: Peggy Guggenheim
- Learn about the Venetian 'cursed palace' and the creepy legends linked to it
- Enjoy a breathtaking view and take time to take some wonderful pics
- Experience a short gondola ride to cross the Grand Canal
Relax in a wonderful secret garden
Fall in love with this amazing city as your enthusiastic guide will tell many interesting stories about it and its traditions!
Meeting point + Tour duration
Meeting Point Options: We will meet at the Gondoliers' Kiosk in Campo Della Carità, beside the Accademia Bridge and the waters stop "Accademia". Pick up at the hotel can be arranged upon request.
End Point Options: Church of S.Trovaso.
Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
Estimated local cash needed
10 Euros - There will be no extra costs during the tour, but I think 10,00€ per person would be enough in case you would like to buy something to drink or a little snack during the tour.
Public toilets cost € 1,50 per person.
This tour can be customized according to your preferences or needs, feel free to contact me to have more information.
TO BOOK THIS TOUR FILL IN THE FORM BELOW
you will receive a confirmation within a few hours