Libertine & Lavish Venice Private Tour
Explore the St.Mark's district, enjoying the atmosphere of the decadent and libertine Venice!
This is the ideal tour for those who would like to get a taste of the Venetian lifestyle and atmosphere during the heyday of the Venetian Republic: the 17th and 18th centuries. We will explore 2 of the 6 districts, immersing ourselves in some details of the Venetian traditions, unveiling secrets and anecdotes about some of the most famous Venetian characters, such as Giacomo Casanova. We'll walk in the most dangerous Venetian "calle" and we'll discover the hidden symbols of one of the most ancients guilds in town. Last but not least we'll dive into the charming story of the most wonderful Opera House in town: La Fenice.
Finally we will go back in time, visiting the former public Casinò of Venice, where the nobles, including Casanova, used to gamble from dusk to dawn!
Are you ready?
Tour starting times are flexible and are meant to accommodate your schedule, although I suggest to start early in the morning to enjoy an empty Venice! Some extra time can be added to the tour and we can include areas of the city or monuments according to your preferences, just let me know what you have in mind so I can create a customized tour just for you
- Learn about the very first woman graduate in history;
- Find out the secrets of a mysterious statue hidden in a beautiful courtyard;
- Discover the traces of a demolished Church, which are still visible after so many centuries;
- Explore narrow alleys to find a unique jewel of the Gothic architecture;
- Walk through the most dangerous street in town;
- Find the hidden symbols of one of the most ancient guilds in Venice;
- Learn everything about the secrets of a miraculous medicine produced in Venice centuries ago;
- Walk through the area where Casanova grew up;
- Admire the most wonderful Opera House in town;
- Visit the most amazing former Venetian casino!
Meeting point + Tour duration
Meeting Point Options: Address or Intersection, Suggested by Guide: We will meet in Campo San Giacometto, in front of the Caffè Vergnano, (close to the Rialto Bridge). Pick up at the hotel can be arranged upon request.
Duration: 3 hours.
The pace of the tour will be relaxed, we will NOT rush at all, but I would suggest to wear comfortable shoes and to take an umbrella with you in case of rain.
This is a walking tour, means of transport will not be necessary.
Estimated local cash needed
20 Euros - There will be no extra costs during the tour, but I think that 20,00€ per person would be enough in case you would like to buy a souvenir or something to eat or drink on the go and maybe use public toilets which cost € 1,50 per person.
This tour can be customized according to your preferences or needs, feel free to contact me to have more information.
TO BOOK THIS TOUR FILL IN THE FORM BELOW
you will receive a confirmation within a few hours